tanasia0723

Hello, i live with my father and i take care of him. Can i claim him as a dependent on my taxes ?

KittyM

Maybe.  You may be able to claim him if you meet all the requirements.  Make sure you are providing more than half of his financial support and meet the other requirements.

Qualifying relative

• They aren't claimed as a dependent by someone else.
  • They are a U.S. citizen, resident alien, national, or a Canadian or Mexican resident.
  • They aren’t filing a joint return with their spouse.
  • They lived with you the entire year (parents don't have to live with you).
  • They made less than $4,050 in 2017.
  • You provided more than half of their financial support. More info

When you add someone as a dependent, we'll ask a series of questions to make sure you can claim them.

For more information, click here  https://www.irs.gov/help/ita/whom-may-i-claim-as-a-dependent

KittyM

Qualifying relative

• They made less than $4,050 in 2017.