• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerijeanmcgrane

Hello i jst signed up put in basic information now it says my taxes are filed and I have not entered any of my work income information how do I fix

2 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Hello i jst signed up put in basic information now it says my taxes are filed and I have not entered any of my work income information how do I fix

Let's first verify if you have already filed ( by accident) by clicking here Confirm Status.

If you are confirmed you have filed, you might need to amend later.  Please write back to verify so that I can provide you with more information. 

If you have not filed, here are the steps to return to the program to continue :

• Sign in to your TurboTax account and select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "w2" and Enter
  • Select Jump to w2
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Critter
Level 15

It is nearly impossible to efile by accident ... to do so requires you to complete all 3 steps of the FILE tab and click on the big orange transmit now button.... most likely you logged out and the status is "ready to mail" and the program is congratulating you on printing and mailing the return even if you did not as the program could not possibly know.

transmit now button.PNG

ready to mail.2018..PNG

If that is what you see then scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to open the return up and continue entering info ...

add a state 2018.PNG

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v