turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello. I have completed my taxes, but I keep getting returned to the TC-40A form stating there’s something I need to fix. The only option it gives me is to continue on without inputting or fixing

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Hello. I have completed my taxes, but I keep getting returned to the TC-40A form stating there’s something I need to fix. The only option it gives me is to continue on without inputting or fixing

What specific error message are you receiving regarding the TC-40A? Please copy and paste it in here so that we may assist you further.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If your spouse is active duty military and a non-resident of Utah. The taxpayer who is the military personnel should be listed first when completing the tax return and their W-2 should be listed first. This will eliminate the TC-40A subtract from income error and the return will be able to be e-filed with the state of Utah. And the military pay will not be taxable for the state of Utah.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies