jaymarie902

Hello I fill my taxes last year with my husband,this year I want to fill married fill separately, can I do that?

JulieS

Yes, you can file separately if you want to, it is your choice.

Both of you have to file using the same deduction, either both itemized or both standard.

There are some tax benefits like Earned Income Credit that you can't get when you file separately. 

If you used Turbo Tax last year you should start a brand new account for yourself and not transfer from last year.  You can not remove a spouse or switch the order of names.

Online is only good for 1 return.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.  

How to start another return in the Online version  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...