turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Due to illness, I will need extra time beyond 4/15. Can you arrange that please? I will still use Turbo Tax. I have used you for last few years

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Due to illness, I will need extra time beyond 4/15. Can you arrange that please? I will still use Turbo Tax. I have used you for last few years

I am very sorry to hear about your situation.  Due to security purposes, we cannot access to your TurboTax account and file an extension for you.  However, these are very simple steps and should not take much time at all to do.  To e-file an extension in TurboTax Premier online edition, please follow :

1. After sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in extend and Enter 

3.  Select the 1st choice on the search results - Jump to extend and follow prompts.

Your extension will give you until October 15 to file, but it does not  give you additional time to pay any taxes you may owe, which are still due by April 15 (June 15 if you're out of the country)

I hope you find the information helpful! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

I am very sorry to hear about your situation.  Due to security purposes, we cannot access to your TurboTax account and file an extension for you.  However, these are very simple steps and should not take much time at all to do.  To e-file an extension in TurboTax Premier online edition, please follow :

1. After sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in extend and Enter 

3.  Select the 1st choice on the search results - Jump to extend and follow prompts.

Your extension will give you until October 15 to file, but it does not  give you additional time to pay any taxes you may owe, which are still due by April 15 (June 15 if you're out of the country)

I hope you find the information helpful! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies