Solved: Hello, I am trying to find where to deduct Uber and Lyft service fees, but it doesn't appear I can do this without upgrading to Self Employed.

memckenna

Hello, I am trying to find where to deduct Uber and Lyft service fees, but it doesn't appear I can do this without upgrading to Self Employed.

I have very minimal miles driven for 2016 for both Lyft and Uber.  Is there another way to enter this without upgrading?

DawnC0

If you use the desktop version of TurboTax, you can use 'Forms Mode' and manually enter your self-employment expenses, including your Uber and Lyft fees.  

However, if you are using TurboTax Online, you cannot enter any business expenses unless you upgrade to Self-Employed.  Deluxe and Premier will only allow for the self-employment income.  

DawnC0