ferdinandziegler

Hello, I am an int. stud. in the 3rd year in the US and I filled my taxes with turbotax. Now i found out this is not allowed for me to use. What should i do?

MinhT1

You'll need to amend your previous years' returns to a 1040NR.

Please read this TurboTax answer which addresses your question.

ferdinandziegler

Thank you. Will do that.

ferdinandziegler

Hello,

Thank you for your help on this matter. I found now two separate threads about amending the return.

1. describes steps with using sprintax (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/international-student-filed-with...)

2. describes steps filling it and mail it (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/i-am-an-international-student-and-mistak...)

Which of them is now correct? Can I use sprintax to file my amending?

Thank you,

Ferdinand