turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Healthcare.gov won't supply a 1095a form for 2017. they say they now only provide them to people who get a subsidy. how do i proceed with my tax return without the 1095a?

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Our digital assistant can help you.
1 Reply
CathyB

Healthcare.gov won't supply a 1095a form for 2017. they say they now only provide them to people who get a subsidy. how do i proceed with my tax return without the 1095a?

If you had health insurance through healthcare.gov or your state health marketplace, a Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, would have been issued to you. 

If you were not provided with a Form 1095-A because you did not get a subsidy or it did not apply to you, you can still report how and when you were covered during 2017 in the Health Insurance section of TurboTax. However, please be aware that if you should have received a Form 1095-A, you will still need to obtain a copy from your Marketplace online account or contact them directly for assistance to complete that part of your return.

Click on Federal and then Health Insurance. There will be options there to indicate how you were covered, or not covered, during the year.

Below is an explanation of other health insurance forms you may have received that contain the information you need to report your coverage during the year.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5086025

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies
v