Yo1

Health insurance. I moved out from the US in July and till then I had health insurance from my employer. My husband lived in China whole year. Do l have to pay penalty?

MiriamF

Yes, you may have to pay the penalty.

While there is an exemption for a U.S. citizen or resident living abroad, the time abroad has to be at least 330 days of the calendar year. Since you were living in the U.S. for six months, you do not qualify for that exemption.

There are other exemptions you may qualify for. Please check the Healthcare.gov web site for more info about exemptions.

MiriamF

Yes, you may have to pay the penalty.