turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Head of Household with 1 dependant. My wages are 41091 but my AGI will be lower. Why isn't the EIC working on the site for me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Head of Household with 1 dependant. My wages are 41091 but my AGI will be lower. Why isn't the EIC working on the site for me?

As Critter said, your income is too high.

• It is first calculated using your "earned income" (wages and self employment income).
  • Then it is calculated again using your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).
  • Your actual credit is then the lower of those two calculations.

Here is the current draft 2017 EIC table, showing that income over $39,600 (with one child) results in no EIC.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i1040gi--dft.pdf#page=69

View solution in original post

6 Replies

At that income level you don't get any EIC ... review that again when you have all your income entered.

So it isn’t the adjusted gross income then? Do They go by gross off of my w2?

Thanks.

Not a glitch, see my answer below.

As Critter said, your income is too high.

• It is first calculated using your "earned income" (wages and self employment income).
  • Then it is calculated again using your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).
  • Your actual credit is then the lower of those two calculations.

Here is the current draft 2017 EIC table, showing that income over $39,600 (with one child) results in no EIC.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i1040gi--dft.pdf#page=69

And investment income over 3,450 disqualifies you for EIC.

IRS Earned Income Credit Amounts
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit/eitc-income-limits-maxim...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies