turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joebell22

Having trouble signing in to Turbo Tax to complete my 2018 tax return

Having trouble signing in to Turbo Tax to complete my 2018 Tax Return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

@joebell22 wrote:
Having trouble signing in to Turbo Tax to complete my 2018 Tax Return

What kind of trouble?  Someone may be able to comment in this user community forum.

If you are having trouble with the User ID or password, then here's some info on how to recover access.   It's also possible one can have more than one account without realizing it.   Here's how to recover access, including how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, reset password, etc.,  you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

After I ask to begin turbo tax online, I am returned to the page where I originally bought Turbo Tax.

@Lloydbranch wrote:

After I ask to begin turbo tax online, I am returned to the page where I originally bought Turbo Tax.

That is correct.  The 2018 e-file and online season ended yesterday, Oct 15.  You can now only file 2018 by paper using the CD/download product.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I tried to use my iPad to do my 2018 taxes and therefore downloaded the Mac version of the software ... I subsequently discovered that I was unable to use a mobile device ... I need a Windows version of the software and would like to have the Mac version charges reversed or obtain access for the Windows version instead ...

Manage cookies