turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need forms for 2017, I need start turbo tax for 2017when will IRS.gov have 1040 and others for 2017

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I need forms for 2017, I need start turbo tax for 2017when will IRS.gov have 1040 and others for 2017

Have you checked the IRS website here?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html;jsessionid=QEXKneWVd3sjO141y_-3OZmJJRT...>

Some of the schedules are listed for 2017 like schedule B, C, E

Here is the Turbo Tax listing of forms that are ready.  Nothing listed yet
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-federal-products-exc...>

The Senate passed the tax bill today.  The IRS will have to finalize tax forms; after the IRS finalizes forms, then TurboTax can do likewise.  As of now, the IRS is still only showing 2016 1040's on the IRS site.  Be patient.

You can start working on your 2017 return now if you want to.  But you will need the updates that will follow later.

Downloads for 2017 federal desktop software are currently available; online TurboTax became available on November 30.  State software typically takes longer to be available, so do not expect to be able to prepare a state return until later in January (at least).

Some federal forms are not finalized yet pending tax law changes that are still being worked on.  Many state forms are likewise not finalized.

Do not try to prepare your return using your pay stub.  The information on your pay stub will not match the W-2 that will be sent by your employers to the IRS.  Trying to file early and then ending up having to amend because you used incorrect/incomplete information is counter-productive.  If your return is incorrect, and you have to amend it, it will take months for the IRS to process your amended return.

Employers, banks, Social Security, brokers, etc. have until the end of January/early February 2018 to provide you with the documents you will need to enter on your 2017 tax return.

The IRS will not be accepting returns until an as yet undetermined date in January.  They will not begin issuing refunds until at least mid-February.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-statement-on-2018-filing-season-start-date

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/get-ready-for-taxes-plan-ahead-for-2018-filing-season-to-avoid-refund-d...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The tax bill passed ny the Senate differs from the one passed by the House. They must be reconciled, and then signed into law by the President

Right.  So we all just need to be patient and let this unfold.  The forms will be ready when they are ready.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ackerdl

It's February 1st , 2018 and my 2017 taxes are done, but my TurboTax says that the 1040 and the 1099INT (and maybe others?) still aren't finalized yet.  Anyone have any insight to why this may be the case?  I want my refund now!

Are you using the Desktop program?  You might need to update it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies