turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Roman 66

Good morning I am trying to stop and clear my TurboTax deluxe there was some things on there were incorrect how do I proceed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Roman 66

Good morning I am trying to stop and clear my TurboTax deluxe there was some things on there were incorrect how do I proceed

How do I stop a pending tax return

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If you have e-filed your return, you must wait for it to be processed.  You will get an email saying your returns have either been accepted or rejected.  If rejected, you will get the return back and you can make any and all changes/corrections before resubmitting.  

However, if your return is accepted you will need to wait for it to be processed (refund deposited or notice from IRS). 

Once the original is processed, if you need to amend you will be able to do that in TurboTax by clicking the "Amend" option at sign on and following the prompts to complete the amendment.  

You will need to print, sign and mail the amended returns.

If you have not e-filed your returns you can make any changes you need by overwriting and/or deleting items in the interviews. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies