Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Thought I had paid my estimated taxes through turbotax but money hasn't been debited from my bank account by IRS yet... when can I expect this to happen?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Thought I had paid my estimated taxes through turbotax but money hasn't been debited from my bank account by IRS yet... when can I expect this to happen?

TurboTax cannot debit your account or pay taxes for you.  If you asked for the IRS to direct debit from your bank account, IRS  will do so. Generally this  takes place pretty quickly.  Please call the IRS and ask for status of your debit.

When I filed for tax extension, TurboTax asks for my bank account info and estimated tax amount I want to pay, so I would’ve thought that it would send that info to IRS to process. Evidently, since the money hasn’t been taken out of account yet, it hasn’t. Seems like I need to pay directly with IRS. Seems like TurboTax sucks if this is the case since I have a fine likely
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Generally ir is true that when you file for an extension, the transmission should include bank details to allow for direct debit.  Did you not receive a notice from TurboTax saying that your extension request has been approved ?  In any case, please consider going to  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov">www.irs.gov</a>,   look for payments and that page will allow you make payments with credit /  debit card  or e-check with your bank details. It is the surest way to quickly pay your dues and not be charged interest/penalty.
Even though we are not associated with TurboTax ( we just volunteer to answer /help users ), I do apologize on their behalf.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies