From my tax return I’d like to be able to see whic...

76c873374846

From my tax return I’d like to be able to see which part was returned die to my spouse and how much for me and my dependents

BillM223

Taxes don't work that way. By yourself, you might have one tax, and your spouse by his/herself might have another, but this might not have very much to do with the tax that you might owe if you file together.

Furthermore, if you change your filing status, you may make yourself ineligible for certain tax breaks. For example, if you file Married Separate, you may not take the Earned Income Credit, the American Opportunity Credit, and the Lifetime Learning Credit.

Other credits like the Child Tax Credit and the Child and Dependent Care credit are reduced when filing Married Separate.

So you would be comparing apples and oranges in some cases.