turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LadyVolt
Returning Member

Fraudulent Turbo Tax Website

https://www.eturbotax.net/

This website here is selling TT products at a very low rate and customers never get their products. 

They are scamming people.  Just though I would share that with the rest of you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Sadly these pop up quickly and are gone just as fast ... and the old saying is if it seems too good to be true it usually is ... caveat emptor ... let the buyer beware. 

Fake address and they have the gall to publish Intuits corporate office telephone number as their contact number.   Their website is a throwaway google account.    Usually these scam sites trace back to China or a Eastern block country and simply switch address when shut down.  It's been reported.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
GabiU
Level 15

@LadyVolt Did this happen to you? If so, please private message me with your receipts. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Andrew-DC

Here's another one.  I bought from them but they did not supply a registration code to enter into the software, so it cannot be used.

https://intuitax2020.com/product/turbotax-2019-deluxe-fed-efile-state-for-windows-direct-download/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andrew-DC  Did you ever receive a receipt for your purchase?  If so, please private message me with your receipts. 

Andrew-DC

Yes, I received a receipt.  What is the point of sending it to you though?   Are you going to provide me with a registration code?

I am sure the moderator would like to send the info to the legal dept to get them shut down if possible.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andrew-DC We would like to collect as much information as possible to send to our security team for the investigation of this site, any help is appreciated. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with a registration code as the site you purchased from is not affiliated with TurboTax or Intuit.

rickhuber
Returning Member

I had the same problem.  I bought Turbotax 2019 Business and 2019 Home & Business.  Got an email, downloaded the software, launched it, and then got the screen asking for the 14 character activation code.  Looked back at the email, nothing.  Called multiple times, nothing.  Sent multiple emails, nothing.  I've asked Paypal to get my money back.  Where can I send my email receipt for Intuit to have the information it needs to get the site shut down?

Thanks,

Rick

rickhuber
Returning Member

I got mine from the intuitax2020.com site

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help @rickhuber! I've received your private message and have forwarded the information to our security team.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies