rereay_1999

Form 8889- Part 1, Line 1 it wants me to indicate whether I had high-deductible coverage, I didn't! HELP Do I need to just delete this form? It won't let me pic none.

ghost

ghost

Do you have a HSA? Did you or your employer contribute to a HSA? If so, you need to have been enrolled in a HDHP. Otherwise, the answer you select is irrelevant.
rereay_1999

Ok, so if I have an HSA (which I do this year) my insurance plan is automatically considered a HDHP?  I think that is what I am confused about.  So earlier on it asked me if I was enrolled in an HDHP and I selected No, I should have said yes?  This is all foreign to me!  I'm really confused and regretting having an HSA.
rereay_1999

And if it was my son and I on our coverage do I select Family then?
Thanks for the help!
ghost

Chances are if you have a HSA through employment it is supported by a HDHP. You may want to double check with your employer. Yes, self plus one or more others is a family plan.
rereay_1999

Thank you ghost, I will!
ghost