Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Form 4852 substitute w2

I can't efile because of 4852 restrictions. We never had wages and received no 4852 or W2. Where does that show on my return?
2 Replies
New Member

Form 4852 substitute w2

** You can still e-file your return with Form 4852 included.

To add Form 4852 

1. Sign In or Open TurboTax

2. Select "Take me to my return" (Online)

3. Select "My Account" on top right of the screen (Online)

4. Click on "Tools" (Online)

5. Go to "Topics Search" (Online) or "Search Topics" in the top center of screen (Desktop)

6. Type "4852" and press "enter" (Online) or "ok" (Desktop) to add W-2 information

  • Enter the Employer ID Number (EIN) if you know it. Leave it blank if you don’t.
  • Enter all the info that should be on your W-2 if you actually received it. Use your pay stubs to estimate what your total income was from this employer and what your total taxes paid were (include federal, state, and local taxes). Essentially, you’re trying to re-create your W-2 based on the best information you have available on hand (pay stubs, bank statements, etc.).
  • Write out an explanation of how you figured out your wages and taxes paid.
  • Describe the steps you took when you tried to get your W-2 from your employer, like who you contacted and the date, etc…
  • After you’re done estimating what your W-2 should look like, click past the W-2 area and select the checkbox for “I did not receive a W-2 from my employer and need to complete a substitute form”.


New Member

Form 4852 substitute w2

Edited 4/7/17 You CAN e-file with Form 4852.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings