turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Uber sent me 2 (yes 2) 1099-K forms with different information on them and no 1099 Misc forms at all. Can anyone explain why they would send 2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Uber sent me 2 (yes 2) 1099-K forms with different information on them and no 1099 Misc forms at all. Can anyone explain why they would send 2?

Form 1099-K is used to report payments made using payment cards or third party network transactions.  Uber issues 1099-Ks instead of 1099-Misc.

Look at the very top of the 1099-K form to see if there is an X in either the  "Void" or "Corrected" boxes.  This should tell you if you should ignore one form [Void] or only use the Corrected form.

If neither of these boxes are checked, check with Uber for instructions whether to use one or both.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Form 1099-K is used to report payments made using payment cards or third party network transactions.  Uber issues 1099-Ks instead of 1099-Misc.

Look at the very top of the 1099-K form to see if there is an X in either the  "Void" or "Corrected" boxes.  This should tell you if you should ignore one form [Void] or only use the Corrected form.

If neither of these boxes are checked, check with Uber for instructions whether to use one or both.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aft5010

I too got 2 forms, one is x amount, the other is 7x amount. Neither have a void or corrected check in the boxes, and the Uber support email is no longer accepting incoming emails. Awesome.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies