Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to add my spouses income and she is self employed. She doesn't have a W-2

She gets income from Credit card and checks. She does have a 1099-K form from the credit cards. Where do I find the form to fill in the info from this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

I need to add my spouses income and she is self employed. She doesn't have a W-2

Form 1099-K income is not entered in a document screen.  Instead it is reported on the form where you would report all income for this activity such as a Schedule C for self employment or Schedule E for rental income.

You will be able to deduct fees, commissions, phone rental payments, mileage (if you keep a log), etc., any expense that is ordinary and necessary to produce the income.  The product that can be used if you have expenses is TurboTax Self Employed or TurboTax Deluxe cd/desktop version.  If you have no expenses you can continue to use this version.

To get started in TurboTax (online or desktop)

• In the search box, upper right 
  • Search for schedule c
  • Jump to schedule c
  • Enter self employment income/expenses (see images attached)
  • Select "Additional Income"  (see image)
zenog81

me and my wife get paid checks from the same company as self employed. how can I distinguish this on my taxes so I can claim child tax credit. because when I tried to claim it it says my wife should be working too. 

Return to the W-2 input screens  ... edit the form needing the change  and then correctly  indicate which  person the form belongs to ...  when you file jointly there are many places to indicate ownership... go slow and read the entire screen.  If you imported the information then you really need to verify what was imported ... the smallest detail can trip you up.

w-2 belongs to.jpg

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

If it is telling you that you are not eligible for the Child and Dependent Care credit, it is likely because you have assigned both K-1's to yourself.  You can go back and click edit next to the K-1 to edit the owner of the K-1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you are both self employed you should each have a Sch C or K-1.   If you are owners who work your own S-Corp then you also should have a W-2 each as well as the K-1 form.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies