Forgot IP Pin refile immediately?

Forgot IP Pin refile immediately?

Should I immediately refile to add the IP pins?

Forgot IP Pin refile immediately?

No, do not re-file immediately if you forgot your IRS IP PIN; wait to see if your e-filed return is accepted (if so, no additional actions are needed) or rejected (so you can add your IRS IP PIN).

The IRS still issues an Identity Protection (IP) PIN to individuals whose identity may have been compromised. If you need your IP PIN, you can get it from the IRS website click here.

To enter your 6 digit IP PIN: Select: Federal>Other Tax Situations>Other Return Info>Identity Protection PIN.

Forgot IP Pin refile immediately?

I’m trying to get a PIN number 

Forgot IP Pin refile immediately?

@Emani201

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below, to get your IP PIN:

How do I get my 6-digit IP PIN?

Forgot IP Pin refile immediately?

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

The IP PIN is a IDENTITY PROTECTION PIN and has NOTHING to do with the standard 5 digit PIN you enter on ALL e-filed returns.

The IP PIN is issued by the IRS to an individual who has had problems with their identity being stolen or it has been attempted to be stolen.

If you received one from the IRS on Notice CP01A, It is REQUIRED to file your return, by e-file or mail.

If you DO NOT ENTER IT, you will NOT have your return accepted.

See article:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-add-or-remove-my-6-digit-ip-pin/0...