Solved: For 11 months,18 days my GD was my foster daughter, then I became her guardian. Should I still list her as my foster child since that was the majority of the year?

karensartmail

For 11 months,18 days my GD was my foster daughter, then I became her guardian. Should I still list her as my foster child since that was the majority of the year?

KrisD

On the last day of the year, do you consider her your daughter or foster child or is she your granddaughter? Is she still in the foster care system? Either way, the outcome is the same. She will be considered your "Qualifying Child" for tax purposes. 

KrisD