There are two file options in TurboTax, file by mail and e-file. When you are ready to file your tax return, TurboTax will give you these two options on the File tab on Step 3. So, if you chose to file by mail, then you are responsible for mailing the tax return. The instruction on what to mail and where to send your tax return to is listed on your filing instruction page.
To get a copy of your Federal tax return along with the Filing Instructions page:
- Log into your TurboTax account
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click Add a State( you are not adding a state, this is just to get in the right menu)
- Over to the left, click Tax Tools dropdown
- Click the Print Center
- Click the Print, save or preview this year's return
- Check 2018 Federal returns
- Select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional)
- Then, click View or print forms, and the Filing Instructions page will be the very first page, read the entire page carefully. What you need to mail should be the listed under What you need to mail.
You would do the same to retrieve your state tax return along with the filing instruction page, but instead of checking 2018 federal returns, check the 2018 state returns.
If you chose to e-file instead, you don't have to send anything to the IRS or state unless TurboTax instructs you to which this will be listed on the filing instruction page. Please see this TurboTax FAQ, Do I need to mail anything after I've e-filed? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302289
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"