Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Final Reivew Error with Capital Gain (loss) worksheet

I have two 1099-B's (two brokerage accounts) and a 1099-B Substitute for futures trades.  I imported one 1099-B and manually filled in the other one. I also manually input the substitue 1099-B. During final review the online system is telling me that I need to answer some questions on the Capital Gain (loss) worksheet. When I look at the form it brings up there are basically no details filled in other than my name and social security number. I have no way of knowing which 1099-B it wants this info for so I can't fill in any of the blanks. It seems like some type of error because everything appeared to be there in full detail when I imported and manually entered the information. Why would the form suddenly be blank? Why doesn't it tell me which 1099-B is at issue? 

Thanks,

Ben

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Jaramya
Returning Member

I am having the same problem with the worksheet as an error and I did not have anything that would generate the worksheet. Can we get an expert in the community to help?

naderhoff

how do we get a TurboTax support?  I am showing capital gains, when I don't have a Schedule B and did not enter anything in Schedule D.  How do we get help?

@naderhoff 

Cap gains can come from the 1099-DIV form and/or a K-1 ... review those entry screens.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies