Ivan Piz

Filling US taxes after leaving US

I filled and paid my us taxes during the 2016-2018 period while I was a nonresident alien on an L1 visa.

I left US in mid-2018 and filled my taxes in Jan 2019. 

Do I need to file a tax report for 2019 taxes?  I don't have any US property, passive income or investments

Thank you

HelenC1

Filling US taxes after leaving US

From the information you provided in your post, no, you are not required to file 2019 U.S. income tax returns.

Per IRS regulations, if you are any of the following, you must file a return:

1. A nonresident alien individual engaged or considered to be engaged in a trade or business in the United States during the year.
  2. A nonresident alien individual who is not engaged in a trade or business in the United States and has U.S. income on which the tax liability was not satisfied by the withholding of tax at the source.

HelenC1

Filling US taxes after leaving US