Allie16

Filing question... don't want to pay for state return to be filed electronicly, but it isn't letting me on my extension for 2016

Just select the File by Mail option.  See screenshot

On the following screen Select the Returns You're Ready to File by Mail select for Federal - Do not print my federal return to file by mail now.  See screenshot

After printing the state return, you can return to the File section of the program and change your method of Filing to E-File and only select the federal return for e-filing and do Not select the state return for e-filing.