turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed (e-file) in January 2022 and still haven't gotten return

I e-filed through turbo tax in January of this year. I recieved a letter in Feb. that I had to verify identity via video call through ID.me, I did that by the end of Feb. Then recieved a CP05 April 11, I waited the 60 days only to be told that was a typo and I had to wait 120 days. I waited the 120 days to be told there are no errors on my return (from what they can see) and they supposedly sent my file to tax payer advocates and was told they had 4 weeks to respond to me. That 4 weeks has come and gone and when I tried calling tax payer advocates they told me they couldn't verify my identity 3 different times. I read my info straight from my tax return, I verified my identity with the IRS with the SAME information MANY times. This has caused my family homelessness as I developed a disability this  year and was depending on this. Anyone else experiencing these problems? Any advice? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Unfortunately, there are not many options other than continuing trying to contact the IRS.

@Creepyconsequence 

I'm surprised the IRS Advocate Service couldn't help.   They say they are especially prone to help if there is an economic hardship or continued delays and lack of information from the IRS.  

Is there a local IRS office in your town, i.e., a Taxpayer Assistance Center?   If so, you can make an appointment to meet with someone in person from the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center.

https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office

You can try contacting your district office of your US Representative.  Several folks have reported that their Congressman was able to tweak the IRS.    Stress your disability and family's homeless situation and all the hoops you have jumped through, including problems with the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies