Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

g19504

File my taxes already and just got another W-2 form in the mail what do I do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You will have to wait to see whether the IRS rejects or accepts your efiled return.  If they reject it, you can fix it.  If they accept it, you must consider filing an amended tax return on Form 1040X.  Form 1040X is included in TT under Federal Taxes, Other, Select Specific Topics, Other Tax Forms, Amended Return.  A Form 1040X cannot be efiled (IRS restriction).  Do not file the Form 1040X until you have received your refund from the originally filed return.

See this TurboTax Q&A:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3100543-how-do-i-add-another-tax-form-like-a-w2-or-add-change-upda...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will have to wait to see whether the IRS rejects or accepts your efiled return.  If they reject it, you can fix it.  If they accept it, you must consider filing an amended tax return on Form 1040X.  Form 1040X is included in TT under Federal Taxes, Other, Select Specific Topics, Other Tax Forms, Amended Return.  A Form 1040X cannot be efiled (IRS restriction).  Do not file the Form 1040X until you have received your refund from the originally filed return.

See this TurboTax Q&A:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3100543-how-do-i-add-another-tax-form-like-a-w2-or-add-change-upda...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies