Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FICA and Medicare Taxes Paid

There is nowhere in Turbotax that lists the FICA and Medicare Taxes withheld as part of your total tax payments.  I can only assume this is a trick played on taxpayers, suggested by the IRS, to minimize the public's realization of how much tax they are actually paying.  This is unconscionable on the part of Turbo Tax!  The Tax Summary page should show TOTAL taxes paid, including FICA and Medicare!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

This only includes income taxes. FICA and Medicare are not really income taxes. You also pay sales tax, property tax, etc. Should these also be included?

Hi ZTaxPro,
That is a silly comparison. FICA and Medicare are taken from me in direct proportion to the income I have made, as payment for a federally mandated income tax.

All I am saying, since these taxes are related to my income, and come from my W2, and removed by the IRS from my net payroll, they should be related to me in an honest income tax program. Might take a whole line in
programming to accomplish, but for some reason they do not include it. What might that reason be, if not for de emphasizing the total amount of income tax we pay?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies