or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barmat
Level 1

Federal Return Keeps Getting Rejected When e-Filing

I keep getting this message after I submit my federal return electronically.  "'IND-032-04 -Spouse Prior Year PIN' or 'Spouse Prior Year AGI Amt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database"  I followed the guidance from Turbo Tax to update my spouse's prior year AGI Amt.  I did this 7 times and still get the same rejection message.  I even cleared the internet browser that I use of cookies, cache, etc. in hopes of eliminating computer files that might be affecting this.  Any suggestions on what might  be causing the problem and my options (e-File or Mail) in submitting my income tax return.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Texas Roger
Level 15

The AGI apparently is incorrect in the IRS database. Try using the number 0 instead of the AGI and resubmit it. 

If that doesn't work, you will have to print and mail your return. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Texas Roger
Level 15

The AGI apparently is incorrect in the IRS database. Try using the number 0 instead of the AGI and resubmit it. 

If that doesn't work, you will have to print and mail your return. 

View solution in original post

barmat
Level 1

That worked!  I thought about doing that earlier on but decided not to since it might affect the outcome of the return--refund or pay.  Entering 0 did not change the final results.  Everything remained the same.  Thank you!

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v