Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deeG
Level 2

I applied my refund to my estimated taxes and need confirmation that it was done??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristieB

I applied my refund to my estimated taxes and need confirmation that it was done??

If you have elected to have your federal refund applied to your 2019 estimated taxes, this will appear on Line 21 of your Form 1040 (amount of Line 19 that you want applied to your 2019 estimated tax)

If you were referring to your state refund instead of your federal refund, kindly comment your state below and I will find this information for you. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Federal return is that correct?
ChristieB

If you have elected to have your federal refund applied to your 2019 estimated taxes, this will appear on Line 21 of your Form 1040 (amount of Line 19 that you want applied to your 2019 estimated tax)

If you were referring to your state refund instead of your federal refund, kindly comment your state below and I will find this information for you. 

deeG
Level 2

I see that it was, but how do I know that it was sent to IRS? I have never did it this way before, but I guess TurboTax guarantees it is sent to IRS as estimated payment. Should I send the April 15 1040ES form and say it was paid with refund?

I would give the return filed approx 4 weeks to process and then order a IRS transcript for 2018.  

Go to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript</a>, you will see the Refund amount and it will show 201912 meaning it is transferred to the 2019 tax year.

There is no need to send a 1040ES with no payment.

once your return is processed you will be able to look at your credit balance for 2019, online at the IRS website.
llefkort
Returning Member

My state is New York- can I apply refund to estimated tax for next year?201
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies