Solved: Father of child has already claimed our son so I put that saying someone else claimed him but when to go file it rejects because of it can see someone else claimed him. Do I not put my son at all on my taxes for this reason?

Father of child has already claimed our son so I put that saying someone else claimed him but when to go file it rejects because of it can see someone else claimed him. Do I not put my son at all on my taxes for this reason?

To prevent fraudulent returns, the IRS will only accept each dependent's SSN once in their e-file system. Because the other parent filed first and used your child's SSN, no further e-files using that SSN will be accepted.  You will need to print, sign, and mail in your tax return using your child's SSN.  Your tax return will be accepted if you mail it in.