To switch from the online version to the CD/Download version, you can do so following the instructions below.
- Save your online return as a tax data file.
- Sign out of TurboTax Online.
- Install your 2019 TurboTax software.
- If you have not purchased TurboTax Desktop software, select the product you need to complete your return.
- Important: If your return includes a state, make sure you also install the corresponding state program(s), otherwise you'll get Error 539.
- Once installed, choose File then Open Tax Return in the software.
- Browse to where you saved your .tax2019 file, select it, and then select Open.
- If you get an error, delete your tax data file and repeat these steps from the beginning.
- Optional: Once you've confirmed that your online return opens properly in the software, you can clear your online return.
If after completing the steps in the order above, you are still having issues, please contact our customer support specialists by clicking here.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Is this option to switch from on-line to download version available? I tried to save my online information but turbotax will not allow me unless I pay. I wanted to buy the download version and not the online version.
Thank you for your help.