turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

andrewe

Can I cross out & change the estimated payment amount on 1040-es that Turbotax auto-populated? It may be wrong; income is different. How do I figure the correct amount?

edited: 1040-es not ez.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CapB

Can I cross out & change the estimated payment amount on 1040-es that Turbotax auto-populated? It may be wrong; income is different. How do I figure the correct amount?

To get back on your return:

• Scroll down and click Show More next to Your tax returns & documents
  • Make sure 2017 is the year highlighted
  • Click Add a state (no state will be added, it's just how to get back in your return).

To enter your federal and state estimated tax liability due for the current year:

Select: Federal>Other Tax Situations>Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes and press "Start" (or "Revisit").

1. Click on "No" to the question: "Do you want to change your W-4 withholdings for 2018?" 

2. Select "Review Now" to make any necessary adjustments to your 2018 income and deductions with estimated tax payments.

Your state estimated tax liability for the current year will automatically be transferred to your state return.

CapB

Edited 4/4/18 6:61 a.m.
andrewe

This appears to be information for W-4 tax witholding, not 1040-es estimated payment forms? I don't have an employer, so no W-4 to change.
CapB

1. Answer "No" to the first question in the interview: "Do you want to change your W-4 withholdings for 2018?" 2. Select "Review Now" to make any necessary adjustments to your 2018 income and deductions with estimated tax payments.
andrewe

Ah-ha! Thanks!
CapB

You're Welcome.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies