Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dross7278

Can I file my son's return under my login for turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CathiM

You can only enter and file one tax return per login for TurboTax Online 2017. So, if your tax return IS in there already, under your login, you cannot file your son's return.  You will have to create a new account for him.

If you have NOT filed a tax return using your login for 2017, then you can file his tax return.  Just make sure you enter all his information, not yours, in the tax return.

TurboTax CD/Download versions allow you file up to 5 tax returns using one account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CathiM

You can only enter and file one tax return per login for TurboTax Online 2017. So, if your tax return IS in there already, under your login, you cannot file your son's return.  You will have to create a new account for him.

If you have NOT filed a tax return using your login for 2017, then you can file his tax return.  Just make sure you enter all his information, not yours, in the tax return.

TurboTax CD/Download versions allow you file up to 5 tax returns using one account.

PatriciaR

Each TurboTax Online account is for one federal tax return.  However, you can create another TurboTax Online account to file another return using the same email address but a different User ID and password for each account.  If you are preparing multiple tax returns, a CD/Download may be more economical.  See the info below for creating another online account or for purchasing a CD/Download:

Create another TurboTax Online account:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574

CD/Download products:

If you are planning to prepare more than one return, you may want to consider purchasing a TurboTax CD/Download as you get 5 free federal e-files with the product.  Here is a link to the CD/Download products:  Which TurboTax CD/Download product is right for you?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies