Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’m looking at the date that says today the tax forms are ready, so why don’t I have my taxes back yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KiaraE

I’m looking at the date that says today the tax forms are ready, so why don’t I have my taxes back yet?

E-file is now LIVE in TurboTax but keep in mind that the IRS will not open for E-Filing until January 29th, 2018. 

The estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date the E-File is successfully submitted to the IRS--and not necessarily from the date it is submitted in TurboTax. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KiaraE

E-file is now LIVE in TurboTax but keep in mind that the IRS will not open for E-Filing until January 29th, 2018. 

The estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date the E-File is successfully submitted to the IRS--and not necessarily from the date it is submitted in TurboTax. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4161749-it-say-i-can-file-on-jan-18th-but-it-wont-lt-me

why don’t I have my taxes back yet

You have to FILE the taxes first. Then wait until after Jan 29 for the IRS to accept or reject them

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2018-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-29-tax-returns-due-april-17-help-avai...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies