Solved: Does turbo tax e file the 1099's I just filled out or just generate them. Do I have to mail the forms in.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpforestllc

Does turbo tax e file the 1099's I just filled out or just generate them. Do I have to mail the forms in.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kadian

Does turbo tax e file the 1099's I just filled out or just generate them. Do I have to mail the forms in.

Yes . You will be able to e-file the 1099-Misc Forms by going to TurboTax Quick Employer Forms. Log in using the same login information you used when accessing TurboTax Self-Employed online

If you are completing your Return using TurboTax Business or TurboTax Home and Business Download/CD version:

1.    Launch the program from your desktop and select to start a new return

2.    On the “What would you like to do?” screen, select “Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors".

3.    “Click on “Choose Online” below “Choose where to prepare your forms”

Note: If you choose to complete the 1099s from the desktop you will ONLY have the option to print and file them by mail. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kadian

Yes . You will be able to e-file the 1099-Misc Forms by going to TurboTax Quick Employer Forms. Log in using the same login information you used when accessing TurboTax Self-Employed online

If you are completing your Return using TurboTax Business or TurboTax Home and Business Download/CD version:

1.    Launch the program from your desktop and select to start a new return

2.    On the “What would you like to do?” screen, select “Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors".

3.    “Click on “Choose Online” below “Choose where to prepare your forms”

Note: If you choose to complete the 1099s from the desktop you will ONLY have the option to print and file them by mail. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings