• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julieannnye

Does my child have to claim have to claim his Alaska PFD on his tax return if he has other earned income.

My child has to file taxes because he has self-employment income.  Does he have to claim the PFD on his taxes since Alaska's PFD is below the 1050 mark this year?  If he does, can I add his PFD to my tax return as a dependent child so he does not have to claim that income on his return?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NancyG

Does my child have to claim have to claim his Alaska PFD on his tax return if he has other earned income.

Yes, he does since he has self-employment income. .

If the child's only income is unearned and less than $10,500, the PDF income can be reported on their parents' tax return. 

The Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend is unearned income.  If a child's unearned income (interest, dividends and capital gain distributions) is greater than $1,050, a return needs to be filed. The child can file their own return to report the income.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NancyG

Yes, he does since he has self-employment income. .

If the child's only income is unearned and less than $10,500, the PDF income can be reported on their parents' tax return. 

The Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend is unearned income.  If a child's unearned income (interest, dividends and capital gain distributions) is greater than $1,050, a return needs to be filed. The child can file their own return to report the income.  

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v