turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sophiaca20
Returning Member

Does checking the box "Paid family leave - I earned all or part of this income as paid family leave." make difference to tax calculation?

Hi, my W2 has PFL as income and therefore I checked the box "Paid family leave - I earned all or part of this income as paid family leave.".  However, this makes no difference to my tax return.  Is it right?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Does checking the box "Paid family leave - I earned all or part of this income as paid family leave." make difference to tax calculation?

It will probably not change your federal tax return, but may affect your state tax return, if you live in a state where paid family leave is considered nontaxable income.

What state are you in, and did you receive a 1099-G for the paid family leave income or only the W-2?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sophiaca20
Returning Member

I am in California.  I received partial PFL from the company and partial from the California EDD.  I received a 1099G from the government and a W2 from the company.  Checking the "Paid Family Leave" box made no difference to my federal or state tax.  I know that PFL from the government is exempt from the California state tax. What about the PFL from the company?  It is part of the income in Box 1.  Can it get exemption from California state tax?  There is nowhere to report the PFL from the company

RSG14

I m in the same situation.

Can this question be answered

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies