My Ex-husband pays me a certain amount each month since the Divorce, is this something I will have to pay taxes on since it has been already been taxed?
The spousal support/alimony is income to you and is reported on your tax return.
To enter Alimony payments received -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Less Common Income
- On Alimony Received, click the start or update button
Or enter alimony received in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to alimony received
Alimonies for divorces and separations finalized after 2018 are no longer taxable or deductible.