Sandra39

Do you file my Taxes with the IRS

Do you file my Taxes with the IRS

Only you can file your tax returns, either by printing and mailing the return or by transmitting the tax return to the IRS.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Do you file my Taxes with the IRS

Did you efile?  Was it Accepted?

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

If you used the Online version you can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?