Do we qualify for stimulus funds for our dependent...

ak12345

Do we qualify for stimulus funds for our dependent (born in 2019) if our AGI (married filing joint) was less than $150,000 in 2019 but more than $150,000 in 2020?

We received payment in both the first
AmyC

The second stimulus is based on your 2019 return. You qualify. 

ak12345

Hi Amy, do you know how we would go about claiming it? We did not receive stimulus money for him in the first or second round. I was under the impression we would get it when we filed our 2020 taxes but when TurboTax asks me to enter the amount we received (which was just for my husband & I), it says we do not qualify for any funds in the rebate recovery based on our AGI (it is using our 2020 AGI) which is now over the threshold...

ThomasM125

The stimulus payments are based on the information listed on your 2020 tax return. The initial payments were just an advance based on the information listed on your 2019 tax return, but your 2020 return is what is used to determine your eligibility.

Even though you may have received more than you were entitled to based on your 2019 tax information, you won't normally have to pay back any stimulus money that was sent to you in error, that is where there is some confusion I believe.