turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do we know when the unemployment tax break that was in the latest Covid bill will take effect ?

because it seems as if turbo tax hasn't caught up yet
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Do we know when the unemployment tax break that was in the latest Covid bill will take effect ?

The IRS has not released any instructions for this situation yet.

so I guess my question would then be , why is there nothing on the turbo tax website alerting those who come to file that were on unemployment to perhaps .. WAIT, until such time as they DO "release instructions" ? it seems a little counter intuitive to just let us file, knowing that we would then have to refile to get this tax break  

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Now that the new legislation is passed into law and once the IRS provides us with guidance on how we can provide them with the necessary information, we will work quickly to update TurboTax. We will update this article with the latest information:  How will the 3rd stimulus impact me?

Continue to check back to the article for the most recent information. If you haven't filed yet, best advice is to wait.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies