belt-bonnie

Do the charges I paid to a foundry for making my bronze mold and sculpture belong in commissions or materials for business expenses?

I am an artist/sculptor and I paid a foundry to make a mold of my sculpture and cast it in bronze.  Where do I show these charges, under commissions paid or materials for my work?

JaimeG

This is actually Contract Labor. If the foundry provides you with an Itemized Invoice that splits Material and Labor to mold and cast your sculpture then you could respectively account for the different Expenses. Nevertheless for matters of simplicity, you are allowed to expense the entire amount as Contract Labor.

JaimeG