Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wlb0619

Do not receive a temporary id code in order from turbo tax in oder to log in to my bank and download 1099 info

don't receive the temporary code on my cell phone
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Do not receive a temporary id code in order from turbo tax in oder to log in to my bank and download 1099 info

Are you referring to a five-digit or six-digit code?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm a different user. I have the same problem. I want to import my bank's 1099 Interest.  I was given choices of how to receive a temporary ID code required by my bank and I mistakenly chose my phone (text message). My bank doesn't have my cell phone number to send a text message to. Turbo Tax is not letting me go back and choose a different choice, i.e. email, even if I start a new return. I want to be able to import the Interest Income instead of entering it myself.  I have 5 accounts with that bank and I would rather import not only for time savings but for more accuracy.  Of course, I have wasted time looking for the answer and writing this inquiry but now I will need to enter all the information myself AND TurboTax needs to know that if we make a mistake at this point, we can't change the way to receive the temporary ID code to import Bank info/data, even if we start another tax return (file).  For JakailaLO to ask if we are referring to a five or six digit code, we wouldn't know that since we can't get it.  Very Disappointing.

The next day after this problem I had regarding not being able to choose a different method to receive the temporary ID code from Discover Bank after I mistakenly chose text, I closed down all windows, apps and programs and restarted my laptop.  After I restarted the laptop, I opened Turbo Tax and started a whole new return (file).  This time I was able to get to the 3 choices of how I would like to receive the temporary ID code.  I also opened the file of the return I was working on before, selected to import from a broker or bank, selected Discover Bank, and this time, in my old file return, I was able to see the 3 choices, text, email, phone call.  I did this over and over and was still able to see the 3 choices for receiving a temporary ID code. All was well.  I would presume the day I had trouble was a one time glitch of that day.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies