Solved: Do I report a $35,000 dispersal from my mother which contains $85,000 from her life insurance?

Do I report a $35,000 dispersal from my mother which contains $85,000 from her life insurance?

No, the partial disbursement of your mother's life insurance proceeds are not reported on your tax return. This is inheritance and not taxable to you.

Can you explain further? You received $35k from your mother-as a gift?

My mother passed and left most assets to the trust that I am the PR for. It will come to me eventually but she passed in July...  my lawyer allowed a small dispersal. The trust will pay taxes on the annuities but there was also life insurance