melaniern17

Do I put "No I don't have an agreement"?

I don't have form 8332 done but I have 3 dependents. I have full custody of all 3 kids and their biological father has visitation for 6 hours each month. Do I need a form 8332? Do I put I don't have an agreement because I do not have a form filed for this but I do have a court order stating I have all 3 kids 98% of the time.

Phillip1

Yes, you mark that there is no agreement. No, you do not need Form 8332 as the parent with custody for the majority of the year.

Your children's father would need a Form 8332 is you were releasing your right to claim the children as dependents. However, you (as the parent with custody) do not need the form. The custodial parent has the 1st right to claim children as dependents for all years where you have custody for the majority of the year.

Phillip1