joesteinman

Do I need to use the Turbotax Self-Employed Service if my business income was only $20. The higher cost for the service is more than the income.

If I do not need to use the Self-Employed Service, how do I change my return so I can pay for the Premier service instead of the Self-Employed service

RebeccaC

Then you wouldn't need to enter it on your tax return, and here's how to Clear and Start Over to use a different version of TurboTax : https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

RebeccaC

Did you start this business in 2016? Did you receive a 1099-MISC?
joesteinman

No, it was started prior to 2016, but the income has been very small each year [book royalties].
RebeccaC

Did you receive a 1099-MISC?
joesteinman

No
RebeccaC