Solved: Do I need to report under Self-Employed a 1099-MISC for $30 from guy who wrote me compny ck) for mowing his lawn.Can I just report it under "Additional Income" w/ my W-2?

Do I need to report under Self-Employed a 1099-MISC for $30 from guy who wrote me compny ck) for mowing his lawn.Can I just report it under "Additional Income" w/ my W-2?

When entering this 1099-MISC, you will need to answer the subsequent questions so that the income flows to Line 21 and your description of the activity will show on this line as well.  This will not report the 1099-MISC as a separate business.

Go to Federal, then Wages and Income.  From there, choose Other Common Income.  Once in this section, choose 1099-MISC.

1. Describe reason for 1099-MISC.
  2. Identifying if any of the less common situations for receiving the money applies to your situation.  If none, choose None of these apply at the bottom of list.
  3. Did this work involve activities LIKE your main job?  Focus on basic skill necessary, not the employer.  If you answer yes, TurboTax will let you know you can deduct expenses for this activity.  You should answer No
  4. Did the activity involve an intent to earn money?  Did you do this activity with the sole purpose of earning money or was it a happy bi-product.  The answer is also No here since it was not an activity you pursued.

Do I still have to pay the extra $60 for the Deluxe TurboTax to enter the 1099-MISC? Because that is what it takes me to as soon as I choose "1099-MISC" under "Other Common Income". Or can I do what you suggested using the Free Free Free Free version.

1. Describe reason for 1099-MISC.

Do I still have to pay the extra $60 for the Deluxe TurboTax to enter the 1099-MISC? Because that is what it takes me to as soon as I choose "1099-MISC" under "Other Common Income".

This worked. Thank you TomK!