jakieff

Do I need to put in my main job's info on this tax program even though I did my personal taxes for this and am now doing my small business taxes?

I don't think I was clear in my first post, I did my personal taxes already and now I'm working on my small business. In the small business turbo tax packet, it is asking for my other job's income and I don't know for sure if I need to put it in or not. Etc
DawnC0

It depends on what kind of small business you have.  If you are a self-employed sole proprietor, see below.  

You have to amend the personal tax return you already completed.  You have to report all of your income together on 1 tax return.  And if you are self-employed filing a Schedule C, your small business income goes on your personal tax return and you can only file 1 personal tax return each year.  

Did you prepare your personal tax return using TurboTax?  If so, use these instructions to amend your return and add your small business Schedule C to your personal tax return.  How do I amend my 2018 TurboTax Online return?

If you have an S-corp or multi-member LLC, let me know and I will give you a link to the software you need as you can't use personal tax software to file these kinds of business returns.  

jakieff

My small business is a multi-level marketing and I don’t have anyone working under me who I’m paying. Right now it’s just me and my husband
DawnC0

First thing you have to do is ''Know your entity''  see part 1 of this document to determine what business return you need to file.   Some businesses are filed on with your personal taxes (I think this is you) and other types of entities file their own separate tax returns -  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/self-employment-taxes/beginners-tax-guide-for-the-self-employed...>

If you haven't set it up as a LLC or Partnership you need to file it as a disregarded entity in your personal tax return using schedule C.  So you would need to amend your tax return to add schedule C.  Doesn't matter if you have people working for you or not.

You can't do it separately from your personal 1040 return.  Unless you need to file a separate 1120 S or C corp or 1065 Business return.  And if you do file a separate Business return you still need to amend your personal return to enter the K-1 you will get from the Business return.